Friday, July 30, 2010

Holla from the MTC!

Okay, so this week isn't going to be as exciting because 1, the computer took time off my email this week and 2. I am falling behind in writing in my journal so my top ten will just not be as cool this week. And I guess thats how it goes sometime

0. This gets a zero because it tops and proceeds all other things this week. DAD!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh. I actually read the letter to my elders because it was so crazy! I hope you're okay! And I'm glad that the thing you were most mad about was........well, you know. It made me laugh.....and actually I'm laughing right now just thinking about it. Anyway, you're my favorite dad so please be more careful.......you're irreplaceable!

1. I NEED those no-show socks that you wear with dress shoes. Whoever sends me some first will win.......something really cool.

2. Sorry but some may not get letters today if you wrote this week because I am SUPER duper busy and our p-day schedule changed a little bit today so I only have 30 minutes, if that, to write letters. But, next week I will be so on top of it. Promise!

3. Today we got to go to the temple! Yaya! It finally opened back up from being fixed for 6 weeks so I was way pumped. Mom, censor this if it is inapprop (an alex phrase :) but something HILARIOUS happened during the session. Sister Livingston was going through the veil and the veil worker passed out on her. Hilarious? Thank you, it made my day.

4. I'm happy to report that nothing completely crazy happened for July 24th, pioneer day. No one dressed up, no one acted out famous church characters. We didn't even have a meeting. But Sunday the room to watch Legacy after the devotional was packed so I think we definitely had the pioneer spirit.

5. I am the Coordinating Sister (RS Pres)........again. I figured since I moved to a new zone and I was a solo sister I'd be safe. Think again! Just kidding, I love serving the sisters so it's really not a big deal. But it does mean more meetings on sunday.......know how you feel dad!

6. Elder Fagersten is sadly leaving this friday to go to the spain mtc. I'm heartbroken cause I really wanted more time to let him get to know beth better. Oh well, I'm sure they can continue writing. Beth, apparently your letter he was writing was so long he didnt finish it last week so I think he'll send it this week.

7. Okay qucikly get in your minds the tall giant man from Princess Bride. Remember how he gets the big black cloke on and scares everyone right before the marriage. Well, the other hermana's teacher did that for us last night cause they are all leavig this week and I seriously was peeing my pants laughing. Don't worry, the sisters recorded it.

8. Apparently I've been known by the sisters in our room as the "fashion sister". I definitely don't deserve this title but it is pretty entertaining and they sure are nice to me. But then sometimes I get made fun of......like today when I changed into a different shirt after the temple and they said "Wow, you would, thats such a fashionable thing to do" Just preparing myself for NY :)

9. The Spanish is going really well actually. Sometimes during my prayers when I find my thoughts wandering (which happens when you pray 80% of the day) I realize my thoughts are wandering in spanish.......so at least it's productive wandering. But to further committ ourselves we made up consequences in our district for not speaking EVERY second. So mine is that if I don't speak all day I have to get up 30 minutes early the next morning and study the scriptures. I'm happy to report I have not had to do it......yet.

10. The two spanish phrases for the week "Buenas suerte con su vida" aka good luck with your life. We love it and say it everyday....please follow suit. Also, "Gracias por su bondad" aka Thanks for your kindness. Please incorporate these in your life immediately.....I promise you will be happier.

LOVE you all! Shout outs this week go to CHERYL! And grandma of course, and Aunt di and Nancy. You all are such a great support! And everyone else that wrote me this week too (aka my favorite mother)

Hermana Winfield

No comments:

Post a Comment