Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Why Missionaries (Not blondes) Actually have the Most Fun

Hola!

1. Just thought Mom might want to know what my daily schedule is like, so here's yesterday for an example:

6:00 arise and shower
7:00 personal study in the classroom
7:45 breakfast
8:30 gym time
9:45 class
12:30 lunch
1:15 class
4:30 MDT (missionary directed time aka study)....during this time yesterday I taught the 1st lesson in spanish  in the TE (where teachers pretend to be investigators)
5:00 Time with the tutor to plan my language study
5:30 dinnner
6:15 companion study with some elders
7:15 Memorize AoF in spanish
7:30 Read the whole book of Hebrews (highly reccommend!)
8:30 Lanuage study
9:00 Plan for next day with elders
9:30 go to my room and read letters!
10:30 bed

Whew made me tired just writing that! And the best part of yesterday was that I got a package from my favorite family! Woot woot! Everyone was pretty jealous of it and I again came away with the "best family ever" title. THANK YOU TIMES INFINITY!

2. The hermanas in my room made a deer pinata for their teacher for his birthday. Yes, I got a picture with it, and yes, I will be sending it soon. He loved it and wore it as a mask afterwards. LOVES it.

3. I made my first pact at the MTC......me, H Livingston, and H Christensen always promised to go to each others weddings. And instead of doing companion inventory like we should of, we talked about all details of our weddings. Seriously, every detail. I actually think it helped us bond more than comp. inventory would have.

4. Sometimes I go sit right outside our classroom in a chair to work quietly and the other day I hear the elders saying "Man, where is Hermana Winfield?" Other: "I don't know. She seriously gets to do whatever she wants since she's a solo sister. I don't ever know the actual rules." Muhaha love it. I have complete control.

5. Hermana Christensen is from Orem and her mom sent us Taco Bell the other day. Crazy? Actually no, not for her mom. She gets a package every day and its always something of that crazyiness. I just get to benefit from it :)
6. Because of my extreme pride, I've been sucking at volleyball lately. And then it worked out that I couldn't play the last few days because the hermanas wanted to go somewhere else during gym. So yes, the Lord can humble us in any way imaginable.....and more.

7. Girls, my elders made up a spanish song to the "Baby" song by justin beber. Do I love it? Unfortunately for my spirituality, yes. But everytime I hear them randomly humming it it makes me smile and I realize 19 year old boys are ok in my book.

8. Being on a mission is an emotional rollercoaster. I seriously feel like I'm pregnant or pmsing constantly (neither of which are true). Anyway, for an exmaple on Saturday we taught lessons to fake investigators from the community and I thought mine went so bad that I started bawling in class afterward. Not a few tears......bawling. And with 10 elders in the room all looking at me, it can get a little awkward. Thankfully they were all super nice about it. lol wow hermana wow

9. Here is how I can measure my success this week in speaking all spanish. The other day elder hilton said "hermana winfield, I really like your hair today, it looks really pretty. But I mean that in a missionary way of course." (in spanish :). I understood him this time, if anyone remembers my previous mishap with elder hilton and the spanish language. So, success is measurable! It's actually amazing how quick you learn when you don't speak enlgish AT ALL.

10. Alan you get your own bullet point today. I hope you're happy. Thanks so much for emailing me and spreading missionary work throughout the office. I know you will be an awesome bishop........I personally would love it if you would act like a mean nazi bishop the first week and scare them. Just a personal request :) and please tell kathryn this: if you touch the snow globe one more time I am serious I will get the cleaning gloves and we will repeat what happened that one day with Chuck. Don't make me do it.

Shout outs this week go to: Kori, Aunt Di, Beth, Em, Alan, Mom, and Dad!

Love the mish. Be the mish.

Hermana Winfield

No comments:

Post a Comment