Monday, November 29, 2010

HAPPY FIRST WEEK OF DECEMBER!

Our new hats and scarf! Hermana Pedraza made both of those hats and Sister B's scarf! She is SO awesome! My scarf should be done soon and it looks beautiful. Aren't we so stinking blessed!?


 
Hello Favorite Fam!

I love you all and it sounds like everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving! I don't know if we'll hit top ten this week, cause I'm going into this unprepared :)

1. Cheryl and Braytons! Russia? and Ukraine!? So jealous that you got to go to the temple! That must have been such a fun trip, I LOVED my time in Russia. It was like a pre-mission for me. Time to be away from the world but still living in it, time to reflect and get away from cellphones and computers and TV. Loved it! I am sure that love from the plane came straight to me. JFK is actually in my area, I could have come and said hi :) Yeah right, President would have killed me. Sounds like Thanksgiving was fun, and definitely the more the merrier! I'm sad I couldn't have been there but I'll be back way too soon as it is. Cheryl, I was actually thinking about you the other day and about all the advice you gave me before my mission about the things you'd learned on your mission and how your life changed. I really appreciate everything you told me and I have already seen a lot of it come true. I never thought I would be one of those people that would go on a mission and come back a new person, but I really can already see how the Lord is helping me to be humble and grow in ways I might not have been comfortable with before :) I love you so much and the time I lived with you all will always have a special place in my heart. I actually could use some more Cheryl-goodness when you have a minute. Maybe just some more advice and some more things you learned. I love you and pray for you always. Thank you for being exactly who you are.

2. Mal! I loved your email! I am so sorry about the snow storm, I would have been severely disappointed. Your tree looks beautiful, it can definitely be friends with my tree any day. I am so surprised that the weather man has that much power......maybe I should consider changing careers. You always were an amazing cook and I am sure the stuffing was amazing! I hope your cough gets better and I'm praying for Aubrey and baby and hope that everything goes smoothly. I cannot believe Steff did so well at bowling. I think the highest score I've ever had is somewhere around 60. So 108 is definitely award winning in my book, good job :)

3. Hermana Banaszewski says, "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU" for the package. She wanted me to express that with all the enthusiasm I can since she can't email you back. We went to the office today and got Hermana B's package from her mom and she also got your card and I told President, "Yeah, we're pretty united, my mom even writes her." Needless to say, President was pretty impressed. I also got those 3 stories! Thank you so much!!!!!!

                We LOVE our scotcheroos!!!!!  THANK YOU, Mom!
4. Thanksgiving was so fun! Maybe I'll break this up into a couple of points cause it sure deserves it. The night before the elders called us and said, "Hey, turkey bowl in the morning! President okayed it!" Well, I've never actually played football on Thanksgiving before, I think that comes from being in an all-girl family. But I was still really excited. (side note, the music in the internet cafe just changed from Christmas to Hispanic mojo. Ew)

The next morning I forgot to look at the phone and finally at 8:30 I said out-loud, "Oh, I wonder if anyone has called" even though we weren't going to meet til 11. The zone leader had called so I called him back and he said, "We're gonna play at 9, be ready in 10 minutes and we'll come get you!" They have a car cause they live in our area but work in another area so we got there in record time. (I thought it was against the rules to drive with Elders but apparently President said it was ok) So they drove like the crazy 20 yr old boys that they are but the ZL bought us hot chocolate so we put up with it and just enjoyed being in a car.

5. Mom, probably should take this out cause it makes me look like some prideful person.....when in reality I just happen to be a woman under 60. Then we got to Flushing Meadows Park to play soccer and football. When we showed up there weren't any fields open but we finally found about 30 Hispanics finishing up so one of the Elders from Brazil said to me, "Sister, go ask them if we can use the field." So I went up and asked them in my most polite Spanish if they had finished and if we could use the field. They told me sure so I returned to our group and told the Elders to take it and as I was walking back an Elder said, "Holy cow sister, what did you say, they're all staring at you!" and then he said, "Oh, blonde that speaks Spanish. Yeah, that's their dream." So all the Elders started teasing me and I finally had to walk away cause I was so embarrassed. It's weird cause the men here will really hit on anyone thats under 70 or so. It has NOTHING to do with me.

6. We played soccer and football and got kudos from the Elders for being such cool sisters. Granted, Elder Selander (our district leader), had to keep explaining things to me cause I didn't know what to do. I'd never played football before! But I only made a few mistakes......and the rest of the time I just ran around pretending I knew what I was doing.......except for that time I tackled a sister when she didn't even have the ball.....yeah, awkward. But it was seriously so much fun and it's nice to be around the elders every once in a while cause they're a lot more carefree than us sisters. We tend to stress ourselves out.


Well, I'm out of time but we have zone conference tomorrow and I am SO excited!

Love the mish. Be the mish.
Hermana Winfield

No comments:

Post a Comment