Monday, December 6, 2010

Another Week in Zion

Well, this week has been great! I've started replying to individual family emails so I have less time to write this big one.....so top tens may start becoming top 5 or 6s depending on the week :)

(All I Want for Christmas just came on the radio again in the cafe......and I am openly indulging in it so I will have to repent later.....but in my own defense Sister B isn't ignoring it either......she actually just started to mouth the words. Yeah, I have the best companion ever)
1. This is definitely one of the most important things in my life......the birth of my Dad!

Dad, HAPPY BIRTHDAY on Sunday! Okay, well I hope that shows how much I love you Dad and how thankful I am for your birth! Yours definitely makes my top ten of Most Important Births in History. I am so grateful for your example of being a true disciple of our Savior. You have taught me so much. So live it up this Sunday :)

2. I know Uncle Keith and Aunt Di had birthdays and I always mix up when they are in the Nov/Dec realm so HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you two as well! I love you both so much and am so thankful for your love and support. And Abs, I know your birthday is around my Dad's so HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you too! I LOVE you! Did I miss anyone?

3. The other night we were working and the phone rang and I answered it and it was a little girl. She said, "Hi. How are you?" And I said, "Oh, I'm doing just fine. How are you?" I didn't want to make her feel bad, so I just kept talking until I could figure out who it was. After a while I realized it was a 6 yr old from a less active family we're working with. She talked and talked to me like we were besties (which obviously we are if she called us just to chat) and it went on for quite some time while I just listened as she told me about school and what she was doing and her day and how her brother broke his nose yesterday and all this other stuff.
Then after a while she says, "Oh, the Elders are leaving. They were talking to my dad and my brother cause he broke his nose."
And I hear her mom in the background say, "Hey Sophie, we're going to pray now."

And she said to me, "Oh, hold on we're going to pray."

And then her mom says, "No, tell her you need to go now, they're busy. Tell the Sisters good night."

And she said to me, "Oooooooookay, goodbye. Have a really good night." And hangs up.
One of the best phone calls I've ever had.

4. So sometimes when you're a missionary you get stressed. Who would have thought huh? Haha so we release tension by playing a round or two of Phase Ten when we're home for a break. Sister B was talking to President today and told him that we play and he said he was happy we had a stress relief. Yeah, we have the best mission president ever.

5. Today we were walking down the street and there is a sudden bundle of people and as we walk by we realize these two people are handing out free things of Simply Orange juice. Yeah, we each got two. I LOVE NYC. Who else can say they pick up free juice as they walk down the street. It's like money is falling from the sky :)

6. Please refer to Sister B's blog for this one. She sang at a member's house and we were all peeing our pants. Good times.

7. I only have about 3 minutes left but I want to share this story that someone shared with us when we were at their house this week. They have a 1 yr old boy and she said that when he was born she had no money to buy any clothes for him and she had multiples other kids that needed things too. So she prayed and told Heavenly Father that she knew He was taking care of her and that she needed clothes for her baby because she had nothign to dress him in. And a week later she got 2 huge bags of baby clothes from some friend of a friend, all that fit her boy. With tears in her eyes she told us that she knows God is always listening to every prayer that she says. Wow. I can't really express it the way she did but I felt the Spirit so strong as she testified of the power of prayer. He is listening.

Well, that's it this week!

Sister B would like to give a special shout out to the Winfield fam (she told me to write it). She said she loves you all!

Love the mish. Be the mish.
Hermana Winfield

No comments:

Post a Comment