Monday, September 27, 2010

WOW...LOVE the support!

Well hello everyone! Once again, I feel SO loved and supported and I LOVE everyone's emails and letters. This weeks top ten will have to include some business items that need to be taken care of.

1. Em, I LOVE you. I will be writing you a long letter because you definitely deserve it. And it is normal to feel the way you've been feeling spiritually right now. But, until you get my letter, please read your scriptures EVERY day and pray before and after reading, on your knees. I love you so much Emmie, you can do it! You are my little twin so I know how you're feeling......it'll be okay! Please read the talk Believing in Christ (Mom can help you find it....Mom, it's the one with the parable of the bicycle). Also, way to keep those boys off of you.......goodness we've got too much hotness in that house to handle!

2. Nancy! Disculpeme pero no se como hacer los acentos con esta computadora, entonces, voy a tratar pero.......si :) Pues, sus preguntas. Me dijo mi madre que ya recibio los photos, espero que si. Lo siento de sus sentimientos rotos, escribire una carta para ti. Puedo hablar mas de nuestra apartamento, tal vez en esta carta, y no, desgracia, no tengo una mesita cerca de mi cama. Pero, voy a cambiar las camas y dormire en la otra......entonces puedo guardar mi alarma en el suelo. Tienes mas preguntas?

3. I LOVED the pictures of em and beth! I have the best sisters ever! Beth way to wear a modest dress.......hands down you were the most beautiful one there!

4. Bug......a mormon teacher! Lucky! And I am sure your solo was amazing! What song did you sing!? And getting asked out twice.......Dad, how are you handling all of this!? Everyone's going to have bf when I get home (I sure hope not).

5. Mom, your questions. Yes, I watched the broadcast. It was awesome! I LOVED all the talks, but I do have to say that President Monson took the cake. We don't even realize how much other people are struggling, and gosh darnit, they're doing the best they can! So we need to stop judging! But I agree, I don't know if I could be as good as Sister Monson......I would want my husband home! We had it in English and I would have watched it in Spanish but there was some complications with headsets.....but it was awesome.

Yes, Claudia is married......not a big fan of her husband cause he's not that supportive. It's interesting, Unga and I were talking the other day about how most of our ward is made up of strong women and there aren't many men. Or if there are men, the women were the converts and the husbands were alcoholics and abusive or such. It's super sad and it makes me a little apprehensive about marriage, not gonna lie. Thank goodness I don't have to think about that for 2 years! But when the men do stop drinking and get baptized, they are REALLY good. We have two amazing men in our ward that I love and their wives are amazing as well.

Conference. So excited. It's like the Superbowl for missionaries. So yes, I've been making my bracket of who will be speaking in what order. I'm definitely going to win. We get to watch all 4 sessions. Boom baby! Also, congrats to sister mechim and whoa baby to ramona. Loves it!

6. Wow we interrupt this email for a special announcement. I was just sitting here in the internet cafe and we heard a thud. I look out and a bird just flew into the window and is spazing out dying on the ground. I think I'm going to cry.......it's breaking my heart.

7. I have the best parents in the world. Dad for fixing that car and being so super uplifting and spiritual and Mom for just being the amazing bomb.com that she is. Wow. I seriously wish I could tell both of you how thankful I am for you and how awesome of parents you are. Girls, give them lots of hugs for me!

8. Crazyness this week.....don't even know where to start. Transfers are tomorrow and Unga is leaving. It shocked everyone, first of all me and Unga. Apparently this never happens to Spanish......they usually stay with their trainers for longer. So I'm sad she's leaving and I am scared to death to be the "experienced" one in this area.....I have no idea what I'm doing! But I'm sure my new companion will be awesome! Pray for me.......I am seriously scared to death. Wow.


Me and Sister Unga!

9. Mom, you can just take this out if it's inappropriate but send it on to Steve and Cheryl. This is the baby mama drama. Apparently this 50 year old guy in our ward fell in love with me. I didn't even do anything! We visited him because he's a recent convert.....but I was only missionary-ish the whole time! So it's caused a BUNCH of ward drama and President said we couldn't talk to him anymore, but then he found out that we found out and got all mad at us (long story), and now he won't come to church. Ugh! So if any of us was leaving, Unga and I for sure thought I would be the one getting transferred out. Haha life/President/the Lord is funny like that.

10. Okay, this is the missionary soap box for a moment, so excuse me but it's important. I can't even explain how important it is that we read our scriptures every day and pray every day. Any problem, concern, or sadness can be healed through the atonement of Jesus Christ. We access this wonderful gift and learn more about it through prayer and the scriptures. It is SO important. If I could only get every person in New York to understand one thing, it would be that the atonement of Jesus Christ is real and that we do have a plan. There is a God and He did send His son to sacrifice for us so that we can be clean in this life and return to live in His presence forever. So, everyone PLEASE listen to all of general conference and don't sleep during it. Nothing else is more important than the gospel of Jesus Christ and the prophet of God will be speaking in his behalf this weekend. Be there!

Shout outs this week go to: Brenna (I haven't gotten your letter yet but mom says its on its way!), Grandma (aka highlight of my week every week), Aunt Di (I'll be writing you this week hopefully.....I LOVE the family updates), Ginger (miss your face too girl!), and everyone else that is reading this.....LOVE you all!

Love the mish. Be the mish.

Hermana Winfield

No comments:

Post a Comment