Monday, October 11, 2010

WOW!

Well, I don't even really know where to start! This week has been crazy but I think I good crazy.....I'm still deciding! lol

1. Alyssa got baptized! It was actually a train wreck but she got under the water and that's all that counts! It was hilarious because in her baptism interview with our zone leader, he was asking her all the questions and one is if you've commited a serious crime. Apparently she got all upset and said yes. He was shocked and said, "Oh, would you like to tell me about it?" Haha she stole some of her friends money to buy ice cream. We told her to repent and she'd be fine.

2. Uncle Wally, thanks for the money! My companion and I have been living the high life. And funny enough, right when I had the envelope in my hand it flew out of my hand into the street. I just looked at my companion, and then I ran for it. It was worth risking getting hit by a car. Totally worth it. My companion was laughing at me that I would risk everything for this envelope. THANK YOU!

3. We were invited to PEC this week and it did not really go smoothly......long story. But we were trying to be optimistic so on the walk home we didn't really say anything. Then finally Sister B says, "So, what did you think of the meeting?" and not wanting to be a downer I said, "Oh, I'm still processing, I'll tell you in a minute." And then she says, "Well, I don't think it went well at all." I started laughing and we admitted how horrible it went. So we bought ice cream and tried to cheer each other up.

4. The Mite family is commited to be baptized on the 24th. We'll see how that goes because they have a lot of problems to work through until then.

5. The other day we were walking home and all the sudden Sister B said, "Oh man, do you see that!?" We have an elevated train in front of our apartment and behind it. And we were walking under the bridge for the elevated train behind us. So I looked back and all I could see were two cop cars. Well, apparently there was a body bag and the police were taping everything off. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, my first death outside my apartment. I'm sad they died but also glad to see that stereotypical New York City has not let me down.

6. We like to make really corny church jokes. For example, Saturday night Sister T (who lives in our apartment) was asking me a question and for some reason my answer was, "Well, I believe in Jesus Christ." and she gave me a surprised, "No!? Really?! When are we going to celebrate?" And I said, "Tomorrow. For 3 hours. It's called church." Haha well maybe you just had to be there......or maybe you just have to be a missionary. But we thought it was pretty funny :)

7. The English Elders called and told us that a member had called them and said, "Oh, I have friends I want you to meet." So they went over and it was a lady and her 5 kids. And she told them, "When can we set a date for us to be baptized?" WOW. The Elders were dumbfounded. Miracles do happen and Heavenly Father loves all of His children!

8. On Sunday we had no one to play the piano for sacrament meeting. Sister Unga always played last transfer and now there's no one that nows how to play. So we sang acapella. So after the baptism yesterday Bishop came up to me and said, "Sister Winfield, we're going to need you to play the piano next week." And I said, "Oh, but Bishop, I don't play the piano." And he said, "Well, you're a missionary. Can't you do anything with the Spirit?" So yep, I'm now the ward pianist. Pray everyone. Pray hard.

9. I've been missing Mr. Cats lately. He is this guy that gets a million cans of cat food and feeds tons of cats by the chapel. And I haven't seen him in a while. I hope he's okay.

10. Besides being a pianist, I'm also a professional singer. A member in our ward and her husband are getting sealed this Saturday and she called me last night and asked if I could sing at the reception. Uh? I don't sing. But apparently, now I do.

Shout outs this week go to: Mom, Dad, Grandma, Unlce Wally, Aunt Di, Braytons (I LOVE you guys!), Chantel, Uncle Don and Fam, Kaly (wow, your note could not have come at a better time.....thank you!), Em, Beth, Brenna, and last but NEVER least, Bug!

Love the mish. Be the mish.

Hermana Winfield

No comments:

Post a Comment